McMahon Architects, Inc.
McMahon Architects is an established boutique design firm located in Boston’s South End SOWA district. Our work culture is creative, fast paced, collaborative and open to new ideas. Every employee has the opportunity to have their ideas heard. In a firm of our size and style, no one is just a ‘cog in the wheel’. Your contributions and efforts have the ability to clearly impact the success of projects, the firm and our ‘Bottom Line’. Successful, hard work is recognized. Our client focus is Commercial/Corporate Interiors and Restaurant /Hospitality design. Residential and Retail projects are also undertaken from time to time.
MA is looking for a creative, motivated and organized designer/assistant project manager with 3 - 6 years post-graduate experience. Experience in corporate interiors design and project support is required. The applicant must possess a working knowledge of construction methods, material and codes. The applicant must have strong design and communication skills, experience with furniture selection and procurement, and the ability to support multiple projects at the same time. Required competencies include Revit/AutoCAD and Microsoft Office. Sketch-up, Adobe Creative Suite and other related software experience is a plus.
• Thrive in our team-oriented environment
• Be willing to take on additional responsibilities as skill sets grow
• Have the ability manage workload independently on multiple projects simultaneously
• Be able managing multiple tasks simultaneously
• Possess excellent communication skills and the have the desire to grow his or her skillset.
• Participate in the full design process from conceptual design through construction administration as a member of a project team
• Be proficient in Revit with the ability to build custom Revit Families
• Have strong organization skills
• Prepare design development and construction document packages with project team, consultants, contractors, and vendors
• Have the ability to work closely with clients
• Be willing to travel locally as required
• Contribute to the development of space planning concepts and generate program documents
• Assist in selecting finishes for various projects and input data into finish schedules, furniture & floor pattern plans and diagrams as necessary
• Contribute to the overall look and feel of each project with guidance and direction from the senior project manager
At McMahon, we encourage a culture of collaboration, welcome ideas from every member of our team and love when our staff grows along with us.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, tenacious, go-getter! You should not be afraid to ask questions and open to take on new tasks. Ours is an environment where there’s an opportunity for personal and professional growth.
• Must be proficient with Revit. Also desired: AutoCAD 2016 PhotoShop, In Design, Sketch-up and MS Office Suite.
• We’re looking for someone with at least Bachelor’s Degree but a more advanced degree is preferable.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Health and dental insurance are available through the firm. Holiday, vacation & sick/personal days are included with benefits package. McMahon Architects also has a 401k plan for which the candidate will be eligible after one year’s employment.
Send application to: firstname.lastname@example.org