Do you aspire to be part of a vibrant, growing integrated design firm? A firm that affords its employees the opportunity to invest in their firm, and share in its financial successes? Do you aspire to work with some of the world’s most creative and talented people?
DLR Group, an award-winning design firm providing architecture, engineering, planning and interior design services to a variety of public and private sector clients across the globe, is looking for a motivated individual to lead the design of K-12 projects out of our Austin, Texas office.
This position requires effective verbal and written communication skills. The successful candidate will report to DLR Group’s Texas K-12 Leader. We covet high-energy, self-motivated and collaborative individuals who are passionate about serving our K-12 clientele. This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned professional to program, plan and design complex, multi-million dollar school projects. In return we offer an attractive compensation package based on your contribution to DLR Group’s success.
The ideal candidate:
- Must be capable of leading K-12 clients in the preparation and development of space and functional programs, and educational specifications.
- Capable of leading K-12 clients in the identification and documentation of their project goals and expectations.
- Deliver design solutions that respond to our K-12 client’s program, goals and expectations.
- Deliver design solutions that reflect DLR Group’s commitment to sustainable design and state-of-the-art K-12 design.
- Collaborate with DLR Group’s integrated design teams in the delivery of K-12 projects that are on program, on budget, on schedule and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Must be a self-starter capable of working in a small, but fast growing practice.
- Professional degree in architecture from an accredited program.
- Licensed Architect, preferably in the State of Texas.
- At least 5 years of experience serving as a Lead Designer on K-12 projects.
- Knowledge of Revit, SketchUp and Adobe Suite.