OPA Design Studio, Inc.
The Architectural Project Designer II position is designated for a full-time employee who, with the assistance of a project manager or principal, is able to design and produce schematic design, design development, and construction documents and observe construction for architectural projects. In addition, all OPA Design Studio staff are expected to actively promote the values of the firm and contribute to achieving the company’s goals as contributing members of a cohesive, close-knit team. Current projects include Infill Residential, Restaurant & Bar, Brewery, Office, Adaptive Reuse, and Urban Planning.
Summary of essential job functions
- Proficient with the following software: AutoCAD; 3D modeling (i.e., Sketchup); Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and Bluebeam; Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Develops (with assistance) design and construction drawings.
- Assists in the day-to-day operations of the office as necessary, including such activities as document production and answering phone calls.
- Graduate of an NAAB-accredited School of Architecture.
- Working towards licensure as an Architect or Planning certified professional in the field of design.
- Proficient in AutoCAD or similar industry-standard software drafting program.
- At least 3 years of in-office architectural internship/designer experience required.
- Access to transportation to meet as needed and in a timely manner with consultants, clients, and vendors.
- Ability to draw freehand and draft with a standard computer.
- Ability to complete typical office physical activity to a reasonable level of difficulty such as lifting file boxes and carrying sets of drawings without direct assistance.
- Ability to consistently maintain professional appearance and deportment at all times.
- Possess strong interpersonal communications and collaboration skills and team-focused mindset.
- Possess a proactive, self-motivated, and creative approach to problem solving.
- Negotiable based upon level of experience
If interested in this position, please submit your cover letter, resume or C.V., and portfolio for review here: