As an Architecture Intern in Gensler’s Austin office, you will join our creative studio environment for a full-time, paid internship opportunity beginning approximately June 2018 and ending August 2018. You must be available for the entire duration of the program.
What You Will Do During This Internship
You will have an exciting opportunity to work on architecture projects as a fully collaborative member of a design team, participating in design charrettes and learning sessions focused on delivering a successful project for our clients, large or small.
In addition to hands-on learning, you will experience educational sessions and mentorship opportunities that include lectures, project tours, vendor visits and a group project.
You will also enjoy the rich culture of our firm and the broader office community through a number of events and learning opportunities focused on supporting your professional licensure efforts.
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree program in Architecture; NAAB accredited program highly preferred
- You have completed your third year of an undergraduate program or first year of a graduate program and/or are returning to your program after the internship and will be graduating within one year
- You submit an online portfolio that demonstrates design process and innovative design solutions (PDF format with 2-4 work samples)
- Proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience using Revit highly preferred; AutoCAD, and BIM modeling software a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- 3-D computer rendering skills (Sketch Up, 3-D Max, and/or other modeling software)
- Hand sketching ability a plus
- Strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills
How to Apply
Submit online application on Gensler.com/careers, including a resume, cover letter, and portfolio (PDF 10MB max in total). Submissions without work samples/portfolio will not be considered.